Friday, August 30, 2013

I love my job

Now I have been a nanny for the same family for the past three summers, since I'm at school during the rest of the year. And I absolutely love it! I could probably be happy being a nanny for the rest of my life, it's just such an amazing experience being able to spend time with young kids and see how they see the world, as opposed to how adults may see it. The girl I watch is turning four this Halloween, and I've known her since she was one and a half, I can't believe how much she has grown since then! Ellen, that's her name, is such an independent spirit that loves life and is always off doing different things. She also says some of the funniest things I have ever heard. Some of the classics that I hear daily are, "Can I tell you something?" or "Can I show you something." Lately she's been saying, "ow, that hurt," anytime she bumps her head or her knee or anything like that. Such a goof.

This is from our first summer together, she's so little!

A couple days ago we were planning on walking to the bakery near her house, Scratch is the best, but it was so hot we decided to go across the street and get ice cream instead! Willard Scoops has some strange and delicious flavors, and Ellen apparently loves coffee ice cream. I felt that it probably wouldn't be the best idea for her to get a whole cone of it, so we did mostly vanilla then a tiny scoop of coffee on the top. I rarely get ice cream when we go together, due to the fact that I end up licking a bunch of hers because it drips or she shares with me. She kept insisting I try the coffee, but I had to refuse due to the fact that I hate anything coffee, I just don't like the taste at all!

Ellen loves it when I take pictures or videos of her, and she's always asking, so I decided to give in while at the ice cream parlor. The result was about an hour of picture taking, Ellen taking a bunch of pictures as well, and a great many laughs had by us both.

Ice cream chin.

Ellen made a funny face...

And made me do the same face. Isn't she quite the photographer?

Cute messy girl.

Goofy faces together.

On our way back home!

As we were getting ready to head out of the house (put sunscreen and shoes on), Ellen kept asking if she could bring her bag, but since she didn't really have anything to carry I said there was no need, to which she replied, "my bag is just really purple so I might want to bring it with me." She cracks me up so much!

She's going to be starting school next week, she goes three days a week in the morning, so I won't be able to hang out with her as much as I would like, but I definitely will whenever I can! Who knows, I might be a nanny for the rest of my life, no complaints from me there, but we'll just have to see what the future has in store for me.

I'll keep you updated on the funny things Ellen says, don't worry. Enjoy the weekend and the start of September everyone!

Naomi Odlin

No comments:

Post a Comment