Sunday, August 11, 2013

Shelby's Wedding

So the past few days have been pretty crazy for me. I was asked last minute to be a bridesmaid in my high school friend, Shelby's wedding. I was more than happy to step in and do it, but it just made things a little hectic, in a good way. I came back from New York, where I was busy making friends and playing a lot of sports, hoping that I would be able to relax and catch up on some much needed sleep, but that wasn't the case. We had a bachelorette dinner, followed by a great time out on the town, rehearsal at the venue and a delicious dinner that I will be working off for the next three weeks, and then finally the big day!

We were all getting our make up professionally done at the venue, and since each bridesmaid needed at least a half hour, I had to get there extra early. Rachel, who did our make up, was amazing and super flattering, I was blushing so much she barely had to use any! I dabbled a little in flower arranging for the center pieces, though I didn't do the best job that I could have. The day could not have been more perfect, sunny skies and a wonderful breeze that kept everyone cool. After the ceremony, where I got more than a little teary-eyed, we all hopped into golf carts and went around the place taking pictures and being goofy.

To wrap everything up, the food was delicious, the cake was beautiful and tasty, the company was the best, and of course, the bride and groom were beautiful and happier than ever. I was so grateful that I could be a part of their wedding, and I couldn't be happier for them. Here are a few pictures I took with my phone:

The centerpiece from the rehearsal dinner.

The beautiful cake. 

Candy bar for favors! Genius. 

Make up and hair done. In my bridesmaid dress!

Doesn't everyone cut the cake with a saber?

Father-daughter dance. I was balling my eyes out.
The centerpiece from my table.

I love weddings, they are such an amazing day that the bride and groom are so gracious enough to share with their friends and families. I don't think I have one favorite part of them, do you?

Have a good week!

Naomi Odlin


No comments:

Post a Comment