Saturday, November 9, 2013

Tea.

Hello there everyone! One thing that I have gotten into the habit of doing, is as I'm winding down at the end of the day, I'll make myself a cup of tea. I'm a huge fan of tea, mostly chai (I could drink chai all day everyday), though there are many other types I enjoy. Not only is tea super yummy, in my opinion, but there are many health benefits for this beverage. After a little Google search, I have found some reasons why tea is a healthy drink. And here they are!

Drinking tea could help you lose weight. Many teas have little to no calories (unless you add sweeteners and milk), and they have components that help promote a higher metabolism.

Tea, especially green tea, is packed full of antioxidants, which is said to help prevent cancer. But keep in mind that tea isn't a cure all, it just has cancer-fighting benefits.

Black tea helps prevent your blood from clotting and clumping, and therefore lowers the risk of heart disease.

Tea has been found to improve your bones!

Oolong tea is suppose to help prevent the appearance of wrinkles and age spots. It strengths your skins elastin and collagen.

White tea can help keep your joints stronger, and green tea is linked to reducing arthritis by reducing inflammation and slowing cartilage breakdown.

Stressed? By drinking black tea your lowering your stress hormones as well as lowering your blood pressure, which is linked to stress.

Drinking tea can wake you up in the morning, due to the caffeine, however it won't stain your teeth like coffee does, so you can smile brighter.

And there are just a few reasons to drink tea! It doesn't matter if you use loose leaf or tea bags (I use both). Though if you can, try to get local, sustainable, and  fair trade tea when you have the choice. There are also so many different types and flavors of tea, from peppermint to chocolate to chamomile to passion fruit, the possibilities are endless! All of this tea talk is making me crave a chai latte, so if you'll excuse me I'm going to go make one!

What is your favorite tea beverage? Have a good weekend!

Naomi Odlin

PS: If you're wondering where I got all of this information, or want to do more research of your own, here are the links to the articles I read. 1234

No comments:

Post a Comment