Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Crafts

When my sister went off to college, she got rid of (and replaced) many clothes that she no longer liked or did t fit her anymore. Lucky me, I got to go through all these hand-me-downs and make my picks before the rest went to consignment shops or Goodwill. I grabbed some jeans and immediately cut them into capris, though now that I did I I realized that they don't exactly fit me that well. But alas, they've been cut and cannot be uncut. So I was left with some ill fitting pants and a couple of pant legs.

I remember pinning on Pinterest something about turning the scraps of cut off jeans into little containers for different things and decided to search through my many pins, and finally found it. The project was so simple, straight forward, and quite useful in the end, so I just put on an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch (my latest obsession on Amazon Instant Video) and busted out a couple. 

All you need are the scraps from your cut offs, thread of any color, and scissors!

Turn them inside out and sew a straight line across the cut part, at least an inch down.


This part may sound tricky, but isn't. Fold the fabric in half so the seams are opposite each other, fold the sewed part down to one side, and make a sort of triangle. Sew a straight line across. Repeat on both sides.

Turn it right, fold the top down a bit, and there's your upcycled jean container!

I used one of them to hold my acrylic paints and brushes, and I haven't found a use for the second one just yet. Though I'll probably hold some other craft supplies once I get all of those better organized. 

I just love to upcycle things into art or useful objects, it's one of my favorite things ever! Does anyone else out there like to reuse old things? Let me know some other projects you've done before! 

Naomi Odlin 


No comments:

Post a Comment